The Netherlands is renowned for its commitment to global academic exchange through programs such as the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) than Netherlands Government Scholarship . This bursary is an incredible boon for students hailing from various parts of the world, keen on advancing their studies at a master’s level or through short courses. The OKP is emblematic of the Dutch government’s dedication to education, allowing recipients to select from a myriad of institutes across the Netherlands. The duration of these study programs ranges from a brief two weeks to a comprehensive 24-month master’s degree course.
Applications for Netherlands Government Scholarship open at different intervals, with specific deadlines for various starting dates throughout the academic year. For instance, Round 1 of the 2023 cycle called for submissions between February 8 and March 30 for courses initiating between late July 2023 and the end of January 2024. The financial coverage of the OKP is comprehensive, encompassing living costs, academic fees, visa expenses, travel, health insurance, and a research grant, providing scholars with peace of mind to focus solely on their educational pursuits.
To be deemed eligible, prospective candidates must meet a string of criteria such as mastery of the English language, relevant work experience, and professional alignment with organizations engaged in national or local development.
Table of Contents
Netherlands Government Scholarship Type
The Orange Knowledge Programme is aimed at fostering talent, knowledge, and performance in the higher and vocational education sector. This prestigious scholarship is available for Masters and short courses and is funded by the Netherlands Government.
- Level of Study: Masters / Short Courses
- Funded by: Netherlands Government
Institutions & Location
For those seeking an advanced education, this scholarship enables study at various institutes in the vibrant and culturally rich Netherlands.
- Offered at: Various Institutes in the Netherlands
- Location: Netherlands
The duration of Netherlands Government Scholarship varies, accommodating both shorter academic engagements and full Masters programs.
- Short Courses: 2 weeks to 12 months
- Master’s Programs: 12 – 24 months
Application Deadlines for 2023
Applicants must be mindful of the specific application windows, ensuring they submit their documents accordingly.
- Round 1: 8 February – 30 March for courses starting between 24 July 2023 and 31 January 2024
- Round 2: 28 June – 5 September for courses starting after 1 February 2024
Also Check UBC Scholarships Undergraduate
A diverse range of courses applicable to this scholarship can be found listed in the Studyfinder database, with an emphasis on the fields relevant to the applicant’s country.
- Courses available in Studyfinder
- Focus on relevant areas based on the applicant’s residence
This comprehensive scholarship covers all necessary costs related to pursuing higher education abroad ensuring a focus on the learning experience.
- Fully funded costs
- Includes living expenses, tuition fees, visa, travel, health insurance, and research grant
Applicants must meet a range of criteria to ensure they are aligned with the goals of the programme and can maximize the benefits of their study.
- Proficiency in English
- Be a resident in one of the countries on the OKP List
- Professional background in specified sectors
- Relevant work experience
- Secured admission to the course
- Additional requirements such as a Government Statement, if needed
- Proof of co-funding
- Employer’s support
How to Apply
The application process is straightforward but requires attention to detail, ensuring all steps are completed on time.
- Search for courses on www.studyfinder.nl with ‘OKP qualified: Yes’
- Reach out to the Dutch institution for course and application details
- Prepare and organize all necessary documents
- Submit your application online through the Dutch institution