Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs offers a significant opportunity for emerging scholars around the globe. Annually, 70 exceptional candidates receive the chance to advance their research endeavors with a generous grant of $70,000 per year for two years. This initiative caters to health research, natural sciences and engineering, as well as social sciences and humanities, embracing a broad spectrum of academic disciplines. Scholars are welcomed to join esteemed host institutes, which include Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations known for their robust research activities and capabilities.
Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply, provided they have completed their degree requirements between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024. It’s imperative for candidates to evidence completion of their degree by October 15, 2024. The fellowship demands a comprehensive application in cooperation with a potential host institution, which must be endorsed by the institution’s president or an appropriate designee. The application process is meticulous, with steps ranging from verifying institutional eligibility to engaging with a prospective supervisor and discussing the terms of the fellowship, including financial or other commitments. Furthermore, the establishment of a Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts is necessary for the application process.
With an application deadline set for September 20, 2023, the fellowship program encourages prospective candidates to initiate contact with eligible institutions and secure the necessary endorsements and paperwork. The application on ResearchNet requires detailed documentation such as the identification of the research area, participants, referees, and the fulfillment of degree requirements. Moreover, candidates must submit a comprehensive research proposal, bibliography, institutional letter of endorsement, and supervisor’s statement. Given the intricacies of the application process, early preparation and adherence to deadlines are crucial. Applicants are urged to act promptly to ensure the thoroughness and quality of their submission.
Table of Contents
Level and Duration of Study
The fellowship program is designed for individuals seeking postdoctoral opportunities. Successful applicants will receive funding to conduct postdoctoral research for a two-year period, enriching their academic prowess and contributing to the scientific community.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Program Period: Two years
Host Institutions and Areas of Research
Eligible candidates may choose from a range of host institutes, including universities, research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations across Canada and globally with distinguished research capabilities.
- Institution(s): Host Institutes with strong research mandates
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering, Social sciences and/or humanities
Availability and Value of Scholarships
Each year, the program awards 70 fellowships, financially supporting scholars with a generous annual stipend to facilitate their research endeavors.
- No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships annually
- Scholarship Coverage: $70,000 per year for two years
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs Application Guidelines
Prospective applicants are advised to pay close attention to the application deadlines and ensure they meet the necessary requirements within the stipulated time frames.
- Deadline: September 20, 2023
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Eligibility time frame for degrees: between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2024
- Degree requirements completion proof deadline: October 15, 2024
Institution Endorsement and Application Collaboration
It is essential that the application is created in association with and endorsed by a prospective host institution. Applicants must engage with the institution early in the process to secure their cooperation and endorsement.
- Application collaboration: Full collaboration with a potential host institution
- Institution endorsement: Required by the institution’s president (equivalent or designate)
Application Process and Submission
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs application process is multi-faceted, with emphasis on eligibility verification, institutional collaboration, and detailed proposal preparation through ResearchNet.
- Check institution eligibility
- Contact potential host institution/supervisor
- Discuss fellowship details and financial/other obligations
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Start a ResearchNet application
ResearchNet Application Components
- Research area identification
- Participant identification
- Degree requirement fulfillment forms
- Referee identification
- Degree information
- Proposal information and supporting documents (including a research proposal, bibliography, institutional letter of endorsement, supervisor’s statement)
Note to Applicants: Remember to schedule Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs application deadline of September 20, 2023, and start the application process early to meet all necessary criteria and deadlines.
You can also check Canadian Francophonie Scholarships
Official Website: https://banting.fellowships-bourses.gc.ca/en/app-dem_guide.html